Tuesday, March 22, 2011

My Friend Daddy

The kids and I had a great day today. We met up with some friends at McDonald's for breakfast and played on the playland for almost two hours (Weston wore his pirate eye patch the entire time).


Then Layla had gymnastics for an hour and the rest of us sat in the car and waited for her. Weston watched Kung Fu Panda, Dylan napped, and I read the Huffington Post on my phone. It was a beautiful day in Seattle, so after gymnastics we went to the park and played for an hour and a half until all of us were starving and we were forced to head home for lunch.




After lunch I was getting Bubby ready for nap, and he said, "That was the best time today, Mom."

"Thanks, Bubbs," I said. "I'm so glad you had fun."

Then he thought for a moment and replied, "No, the best time was when I went on a man-date with my friend Daddy and we went to Chucky Cheese."

That man-date was over a month ago and he still talks about it every day. My kids are pretty lucky to have such a great dad.

3 comments:

Lanée Jensen said...

I always eat my hashbrowns with both eyes shut. That is, after I have them delivered right to my doorstep.

Kara said...

Love it. And I am so jealous you have green grass. I'm still under a few feet on snow. :(

Carie said...

that is such a cute story!!