Kids getting ready to hunt for eggs
Layla filling her basket
Layla and her boyfriend, Cade (more on this later)
Cade, Layla and Cole
Showing off her loot
And yes, my three year old daughter has a boyfriend. Actually, she has a huge crush on Cade, and he really likes her, but is a little too cool for things like hugging in front of other kids (but when they're alone, he's all for it). I knew she liked him, but I didn't realize the extent of it until a few weeks ago.
We got a thank you card from Cade for the birthday present we had given him at his party. I read it to Layla, including the last line, "Love, Cade".
"It says 'Love, Cade'?" she asked, blushing a bit, and grabbed the card. Later that day I heard her talking to herself at the table, and found her "reading" the card out loud:
"Dear Layla, I love you. Thank you for the present. I'm so excited to come to your party. Love, Cade.
"Dear Layla, I love you..."
The situation is hopeless.
3 comments:
How fun are you to put together an Eater egg hunt, good job! Love the story of Layla and her little boy friend. That is to cute of her reading the card to herself later and saying "I love you"... Girls what are we going to do with them!?!
I will be in Utah HJune 4-11- when are you going?
funny about Whitney's comment - I was just going to ask if you were coming out to UT this summer! We'd love to see you before we move....hopefully you'll be here in June!
Love the updates - I would love to see a little picture of you as a babe, but with my limited knowledge Miss Layla is a miniature Hatch! What a bunch of cuteness you have and way to put on a easter egg hunt - it sounds like it was a blast for everyone!
Post a Comment