If the title of this post seems an oxymoron, prepare to be enlightened. For most people, prunes are, by nature, not fun. They conjure up images of old people with "regularity" issues, and their texture in your mouth is like a piece of once-edible fruit that has been left out in the sun for several days until it is rotten and overly sweet and sort of squishes up and coats your mouth, tongue and teeth all at once. But if you put prunes in a food processor, add a little water, and feed them to a baby, they become FUN! And then not so fun. Let me explain.
Witness Weston having FUN with prunes yesterday afternoon. He has managed to spread roughly two ounces of prunes mixed with rice cereal over the entire surface area of his face, arms legs, bib, torso, and Bumbo chair, and still manage to ingest quite a bit (proof of that later).
Today, approximately 20 hours removed from the prune extravaganza, I let Weston air out on a blanket without his diaper while I did the laundry. While happily folding my load of whites I heard him laughing, and turned around to find this:
Weston still thought this was very FUN, as did Layla (who eventually stuck her hand in it). I, however, was less amused, as my entire upstairs was beginning to smell like prune poop. Westy needed a bath (obviously), which is one of his favorite activities. More FUN thanks to the prunes.
The moral of this story is: even things that seem like no fun at all can, in fact, provide hours of entertainment, given the right circumstances. Also, don't feed your kid a natural laxative then let him roll around naked.
6 comments:
Too funny. Grandpa Jim used to drink prune juice every morning. He would get a real kick out of this!
I am laughing so hard that I'm crying! The thing that is soo funny is you can sense his sheer joy from his expressions in the picutres!
I needed a good chuckle! I just had to clean poop off the floor from my dude. Totally gross.
Oh wow... that's funny stuff. It looks the same on his blanket as it did his face- so great.
This will be total blackmail for Weston someday, if you ever need it ;)
That's too funny! I love that he rolled around in his poo. Weston looks a lot like you in that last picture.
OMG that is so funny!!
Post a Comment