Over fall break Grandma came to visit and we took a little trip to Puerto Penasco, Mexico. We had a blast playing in the hotel pools, building sand castles and walking on the beach, shopping on the malecon, and eating lots and lots of... (wait for it) Mexican food!
The whole crew right in front of our hotel:
Grandma and the kiddos:
Layla and Grandma got matching Mexican nightgowns:
Prior to this trip Layla had been swimming with water wings or a floatie suit, but the suit we brought broke, so she decided to teach herself how to swim. She practiced in the kiddie pool for a bit, then jumped right in to the big pool and started treading water. I couldn't believe it, and stood there and watched, awestruck, until I realized that she wasn't moving towards the side and her head was starting to go under. It didn't take much practice for her to understand how to move, and pretty soon she was swimming all over. Amazing little lady we have.
Grandma and Weston by the pool:
Mr. Weston loves to eat, and he's not very picky either. While at the beach he ingested copious amounts of sand, a healthy helping of kelp, and even a few seashells. I'm pretty sure he regretted those later.
The kiddos and I at the hotel:
Layla collecting shells:
At the beach with two of my three favorite people (we missed Daddy on this trip):
Weston doing what Weston does:
Handsome little devil:
Layla's sand castle:
5 comments:
Looks like tons of fun. I think that's awesome Layla taught herself to swim! Saved you a couple hundred bucks :) Weston is such a cutie!
Ah that looks amazing! I'm glad you guys had fun. Some plush looking accommodations too!
Ok, that looks like such a fun trip!
1. Awesome that Layla taught herself how to swim. You go Girl!
b. Dang cute little Weston is growing up way to fast and eating sand, kelp and seashells totally all Boy!
and 3. You look great and sooooo Happy!
Glad you had tons of fun, love you all!
Warmth and sunshine and two things I would give ANYTHING to get these days!!
I am so jealous!!! Looks like a ton of fun. Can't wait to see you guys in a few weeks. Please bring the Phoenix sunshine!!
Post a Comment