Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Keeping up with the Hatches



Well, we're all adjusting here at the Hatch household (some of us better than others). Luckily, we've had quite a bit of help. Several wonderful women in our ward have brought dinner over and my friends were very helpful in watching Layla while we were in the hospital. The biggest help arrived late Thursday night when my mom and sister got into town. They spent the weekend cooking, shopping, cleaning, visiting, playing with Layla, and oohing and aahing over little Weston. We were sad to see them go, but we don't have to wait long before we see them again, as my family is coming down for Thanksgiving.




Layla really loved having someone here to play with her whenever she wanted, as she has been feeling attention-starved since Weston came home. She told her friend Bailey that she doesn't liker her baby brother, but we're confident she'll come around. Right now she is going through a rough, contrarian stage where she promptly yells or fake-cries when I make any sort of request of her. I am trying hard to withhold negative attention, because I know that is what she is looking for, but I'm finding it nigh impossible. I thought the baby was going to be the challenge, but he's a cake walk compared to our little princess. I'm sure things will smooth with time.




Here are some recent pictures for your viewing pleasure:






5 comments:

Stacie Aho said...

Oh, poor little Layla. I can't wait to go through all that in a few months. Blah!

That picture of here on the toilet is priceless. Explains how she's feeling...

I must say, I LOVE little baby boy clothes/blankets. I think I almost love them more than little girl stuff... but only while they are babies. I think girl stuff is cuter once they reach 6-12 months.

See you soon!

Mom said...

As tough as a new baby is on Mom and Dad it is always most difficult for the sibling closest in age, ESPECIALLY when that sibling was an only child before baby brother came along.

We are 3. said...

Thanks for the update!!! I can only imagine how busy you are... and little Layla ;( we love her!

Thanks for the pics... I love your baby boy stuff!

Bill said...

I just don't understand all the fuss. As I recall, all of our kids were perfect and raising them was a piece of cake. (It's one of the benefits of getting old--selective memory!)

April Gould said...

Weston is so adoreable. You have the cutest family. I love the picture of Layla on the toilet. She is so sweet.