Friday, August 7, 2009

Julie & Julia: See This Movie


If you don't like Meryl Streep, you will. If you like her, you will love her and want to go rent every movie she's ever made the second you get home. And watch every episode of The French Chef you can find online. She's that good. Streep and Stanley Tucci are an absolute delight and make this movie better than the already good script.

3 comments:

Jeppesen Family said...

Good! I was already excited for this movie! Can't wait to see it!

Mom said...

We went and saw it last night after reading your blog. I agree with everything you said. KUED is doing a Julia Childs special tonight at 6 p.m. I REALLY want to see it but the fam will be here for my birthday dinner...of course it is MY birthday...

Bill said...

Meryl Streep is the greatest actress of her generation--by far. It was an enjoyable move, but a really another terrific performance by Streep. For some of my other favorites:
--A French Lieutenant's Woman
--Sophie's Choice
--Out of Africa
--The Bridges of Madison County
--Ironweed (showing her range!)
--Doubt