Saturday, August 15, 2009

You get what you pay for.

The other day I asked Layla to "babysit" Weston while I made dinner. She does this a lot, and I usually give her a few coins to put in her piggy bank as payment for her services. I figure it's worth twelve cents to have both kids occupied while I'm in the kitchen. Apparently that's all it's worth.

I heard Weston making some strange noises, grunts and small cries, and stepped in to make sure everything was under control. I found Layla vigorously burying her brother under a mountain of stuffed animals, and laying on top of the pile when he tried to move. I asked her what she was doing, and she replied, "I'm putting Bubby to bed, Mom, it's what babysitters do."





3 comments:

Mom said...

This reminded me of a time when one of your brothers babysat and the police showed up. One of your sisters had called them from upstairs (where she had been banished to for refusing to join in family prayer).

Stacie Aho said...

That is so funny. The pictures are darling. Layla's response is hilarious.

That's why I'm nervous to put Josie in with MJ yet. He's smothered her with pillows before and it scares the crap out of me!

Lanée Jensen said...

bahahahaha sign her up when I have kids