
I cannot believe my sweet little boy is already a year old! Weston is truly the best baby I can imagine. He hardly every cries without a valid reason, and has an intoxicating smile and laugh that makes him impossible not to love. You can see in his eyes that he truly wants to be happy and to make others happy. He is unbelievably charming and already loves the ladies (especially my friend Carie, who I call Weston's girlfriend because he flirts with her so much).

He is finally sleeping through the night, and still naps like an angel. He usually wakes up and talks to himself in his crib until I come to get him, then lights up like a Christmas tree as soon as I walk in the room. He still nurses four times a day, which I am very proud of, as well as eating at least three meals and two snacks. His favorite foods are yogurt, grapes, bananas and multi-grain cheerios. He's not too fond of spicy foods or sharp cheddar cheese, but those are about the only things he'll turn down.

Weston is mastering several of the most important words in the English language including eat, me, dada, mom, Layla (pronounced "yay-ya"), car, baby, ball and tickle. He LOVES to tickle, especially Layla, and he thinks it's hilarious to climb on top of her and smother her with tickles, hugs and kisses. He gives very sweet, open-mouth kisses and very gentle hugs, except to Ryan, who he head-butts instead of hugging.

He is crawling up on all fours all the time now, and can stand for a few seconds by himself until he realizes that nothing is holding him up, and will immediately drop to the ground. He loves cars, balls and anything that makes noise (especially pots and pans), but his favorite activity is playing with Layla. She is very patient with him and is a wonderful and loving big sister.

Weston, I cannot imagine my life without you. You fill my heart with joy every time I see you, and you make people smile wherever we go. I pray that I can be the mother that you and Layla deserve and give to you the knowledge and tools to be successful and happy in life. You are a perfect child, and I love you.
3 comments:
So sweet! Happy Birthday Weston!
:) Happy birthday Weston! Hope I get to meet you sometime soon.
As your Grandmother, I echo your mother's sentiments. Sweet, sweet boy!
I am NOT Sam. I can't figure out how to get to my account.
Post a Comment