This week Layla and I took our first girl's trip, along with Heather, Berkleigh, Mel and Makenna. We went to LA for some fun with our friends the Stukis and two days at Disneyland. I cannot begin to describe the amazing time we had. From sliding, splashing and swimming at the Stukis to rides, treats and princesses at Disneyland, it was an incredible vacation for everyone. Please enjoy a million pictures commemorating the event.
The highlight of the trip might have been the princess gowns that Mimi bought the girls on Monday night. Layla chose Belle and Berkleigh chose (after some persuasion) Snow White (she wanted Ariel, whose costume consisted of a "tail" that was almost impossible to walk in and a top which left her entire midsection bare). They both immediately changed into their dresses and began twirling and dancing and tossing back their hair in a most elegant fashion. Heather and I were lucky that they both fell asleep on the way home, or we would have had a battle royale getting them out of the gowns and into pajamas that night.
They both wore their dresses the next day at the park, and astonishingly managed to keep them clean. This morning when I pulled out clothes for Layla she said, "No thanks, Mom, I'm going to wear my Belle dress today." When I told her it was already packed she quietly revolted by keeping her nightgown on the entire day.
We were lucky enough to meet many princess and characters. Contrary to what it looks like in the pictures, Layla wasn't a bit shy (she just tries too hard to pose and ends up looking awkward).
Aubrey Stucki works at Disneyland as Princess Aurora, and was awesome enough to invite the girls to the restaurants where she was working to say hi and meet some of the other characters. The girls were shocked when Sleeping Beauty walked up to them, called them by name, and asked how their little brothers were doing. Aubrey was an absolutely exquisite princess, and she made our vacation by going above and beyond, to the delight of Layla and Berkleigh.
On the way to the airport Wednesday morning Layla and Berkleigh were already planning their next trip to Disneyland, down to what they would wear (their princess dresses, of course) and what rides they would ride (Small World and Jungle Cruise). They are so lucky to have each other, and seeing them together makes me excited for the bond they will share for the rest of their lives.
I can't wait to see what kind of trouble Weston, Hudson and Carson get into on their first boy's trip...
3 comments:
Looks like you had a blast! Layla's haircut is so cute. Girls are so fun :)
You are a lot faster than me, looks good. Can I somehow copy and paste this post this on my blog?:) We had such a blast!! Bear misses Layla, hopefully not to long til we see you again..
Looks like so much fun Angelica!!! We love disneyland too and now I want to go back ;)
Post a Comment