I guess it was bound to happen. It could have been a lot worse. Hopefully she learned her lesson.
These are the things I've been telling myself since Monday evening when I looked at Layla and realized that something was different.
Let me start with some background. When Layla was younger she was follicularly challenged. She had Homer Simpson hair until she was almost three. When she was two I got so tired of people calling my precious little girl "he" that I decided to pierce her ears.
Needless to say, I was thrilled when, around age four, she finally started to grow real, legit, big kid hair. We even made a pact, she and I, to grow our hair out together.
Fast forward to Monday night, and now you understand my horror when I looked at Layla and saw that she had cut her hair. She denied it at first, of course, but after some prodding admitted to using some of Makenna's craft scissors and hiding her hair behind Mimi's desk in the basement. She said she did it because her hair looked weird. The ultimate irony was that when I told her that we had to go to the salon so that they could cut her hair and even it out, she was hysterical because she didn't want to end up with short hair.
And that, my friends, is how Layla got her bangs.
These are the things I've been telling myself since Monday evening when I looked at Layla and realized that something was different.
Let me start with some background. When Layla was younger she was follicularly challenged. She had Homer Simpson hair until she was almost three. When she was two I got so tired of people calling my precious little girl "he" that I decided to pierce her ears.
Needless to say, I was thrilled when, around age four, she finally started to grow real, legit, big kid hair. We even made a pact, she and I, to grow our hair out together.
Fast forward to Monday night, and now you understand my horror when I looked at Layla and saw that she had cut her hair. She denied it at first, of course, but after some prodding admitted to using some of Makenna's craft scissors and hiding her hair behind Mimi's desk in the basement. She said she did it because her hair looked weird. The ultimate irony was that when I told her that we had to go to the salon so that they could cut her hair and even it out, she was hysterical because she didn't want to end up with short hair.
And that, my friends, is how Layla got her bangs.

3 comments:
Looks super cute
Adorable picture!
Oh man! That is something I fear with Josie too. At least Layla looks darling with those bangs!
I found Josie, today, with my small scissors stuck in her ponytail today. I think she thought it was a clip? Ugh!
Layla does have beautiful hair now!!
Post a Comment