Saturday, October 8, 2011

Pink Coyotes

Layla joined a soccer team this fall with several friends from her class. They chose the name The Pink Coyotes, but when they got their uniforms they were black and white. Since I'm super duper crafty and also have oodles of spare time on my hands, I volunteered to make hair bows for the girls to add some pink to the uniforms. I literally spent about six hours from start to finish. Wow.

Today was Layla's first game, and as we are terrible parents, neither Ryan or I were there. Ry is on a business trip in Minneapolis and I came down with strep (which is awesome, because as I mentioned, Ryan is out of town and I am alone with three kids all weekend). Luckily I've gotten to know several of the team moms through practices and PTA, and one of them was happy to swing by and get Layla.


She picked out the coolest soccer shoes available, the same ones her Auntie Kenna has!


I would like someone to be impressed that I finally learned how to french braid.


She had a great time at the game, and her kindergarten teacher Mrs. Lende even came to watch. Speaking of her teacher, did I forget to post about Layla starting kindergarten and Weston starting preschool? Refer to the previous comment on my parenting skills.


I'm very excited to have Layla involved in sports, but I'm already finding that between school, soccer, gymnastics and an after school program my five year old has a jam packed schedule that leaves little time for simple play. How do I balance all of the activities she wants to be involved in and still allow her time to be a kid? What is going to happen when Weston and Dylan start joining things? Is anyone interested in being a part time chauffeur in two years? Send resumes my way.

4 comments:

the Grant Family said...

The next time Ryan is on a business trip to Minneapolis I expect you will make it a family trip!

The bows are too cute, as usual.

I love that Layla plays soccer that was my sport of choice as well so far I have 2 dancers and a hockey player (Josie) and yes we are also constantly running from one activity, team meeting and school event to the next.

The kids look amazing and we miss you all so much!

Anonymous said...

I must say, I prefer the name of her mother's first soccer team--The Wuzzles!

Blogger said...

AAAAGGGHHH! She looks great! And so big!

I'm very proud of your french braiding skills, although that would have come in handy had you learned while I was growing up. I feel like I missed out on a part of my childhood.

PS. Is it impossible for them to make soccer clothes for little people? She looks like her clothes might fall off while running down the field!

Love the kicks though!

Blogger said...

Let it be noted that my word verification word is 'milff'

I can think of a few ways to use the extra 'f'