Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Auntie Courtney





Since my sister Courtney couldn't get off work Thanksgiving weekend, she came down last week and stayed for five days. It was nice to get some one-on-one time with her, and I know she enjoyed having the kids all to herself. We went to the zoo her first day here, something that Layla has to do with every visitor we have.




On her last night we met up with Merritt, Stacie and MJ and went to see the Christmas lights at the Mesa temple. Layla and MJ are old enough now that they really enjoy playing with each other, and they found a wet field and played some version of the game tag that involved a lot of rolling on the ground.


Yes, my daughter is one of the little rascals.


MJ trying on Layla's hat


Kissing cousins


Merritt and the kiddos


Layla and Auntie Courtney

Because of the huge age difference between my sisters and I (eight and ten years) I never felt like I had a sister growing up. I am so grateful that I now have great relationships with both Courtney and Lanee and that I finally get to enjoy the bonds of sisterhood.

1 comment:

Bill said...

Awesome photos! Looks like you guys had a terrific time. It's so nice that Layla is able to spend so much time with family.