1. He is a wonderful father and loves his family more than anything in the world.
2. He makes me laugh, especially in situations that wouldn't generally warrant laughter but where a bit of levity is welcome.

3. He is honest about my cooking. He usually loves it, but he's not afraid to tell me when it isn't quite right.
4. He has made and kept wonderful friends over the years and they continually enrich our lives.
5. Even after a long day at the office and an hour commute home he is ready to help me with the kitchen and the kids.
6. He always has our family's best interest in mind.
7. He is always honest (possibly because he is a terrible liar).
8. He's not afraid to laugh at himself.
9. He has incredible personal integrity. He is the same person around everyone, and makes the right decisions because they're right, and not because they will look right to others.
10. He loves sports, and it is fun to see him get excited or upset when watching his favorite teams.
11. He never lets me push him around, but he usually lets me have my way.
12. He doesn't cry during movies, even really sad ones.
13. He respects me, my spiritual views, and my mother's intuition, and never scoffs at my whims.
14. He has provided a wonderful home and life for our family.

15. He works hard to allow me to be home with the kids all day. It's all I could ever ask for.
16. He never complains about paying a full tithe.
17. He'll go canyoneering with me, even though it's not really his thing, and he really enjoys it, or else acts like he does. Either way, it makes me happy.

18. Without him I wouldn't have Layla and Weston.
19. He loves music, and is a little geeky about concerts and compilations, but he's unabashedly geeky, and that's refreshing.
20. He sings along with Layla's Disney CDs in the car.
21. He changes diapers all the time.
22. He calls me every day to check in.
23. He tries to do things that are way outside of his comfort zone, like yard work and organizing the garage, when I ask him to.
24. He is great with kids, not only ours, but our friend's kids too, and they love spending time with him.

25. He is generous.
26. Even though I make comments when he leaves his stuff lying around, he never makes comments when the house is a mess when he gets home from work.
27. He eats the leftovers that I don't want to eat because he knows I hate wasting food.
28. I love the way our kid's faces light up when he gets home. Even Weston, as young as he is, smiles at the sound of Daddy's voice. It reminds me what a wonderful father he is.

29. He works as hard as he does, not for financial gain or recognition, but because he can't do it any other way. He takes pride in doing the best job possible, and that work ethic will undoubtedly be passed on to our children.
30. He loves me, faults and all (I know what you're thinking: "Angelica, you don't have any faults." But I do, I just keep them well hidden). He puts up with more than he deserves and is kind when it is the hardest thing to do.
Thanks for almost four wonderful years, honey. I can't imagine being married to anyone else. Even though I don't say it much, I appreciate all that you do for me and for us. I love you, and will love you for ever and ever.
Happy Birthday!
4 comments:
That was a great post, for a really great guy. I'm so happy for you guys. You almost made me tear up!
Awesome pictures, too.
Happy Birthday Ryan!
Happy birthday Ry.
Gee, that sounds really good. Can I marry Ryan too?
That picture from your wedding is so so so so so so so so cute. I told Lanee that about three times already, but she told me to tell you, so I am. I added you to my blog list too, because we are both in love with Lanee, and I think you're COOL and you have cool CLOTHES that Lanee borrows.
Post a Comment