
They may be in their 60s, but Billy Joel and Elton John rocked for 3 1/2 hours straight on Thursday night in one of the best concerts I've ever seen. My good friend Carie and I went and sat in the upper bowl, third row, right in front of the stage. Concerts aren't really my thing anymore (I'm convinced I'm too old), but these two, two of my all-time favorite singer/songwriters, were worth getting dressed up and driving downtown for. Reviewers said it was one of their best shows in a long time, and I have to agree.
4 comments:
How fun!! You had a busy week!
And...nice belt! I have it too and its one of my favorites!!
I have never been more jealous in my life. I hate you. But actually I love you. A lot.
Good concert, I'm sure. I saw them together when I was a freshman at SU and really enjoyed it as well.
I saw Elton John in concert in Philadelphia in the early 90's. We had nosebleed seats--top row against the wall and even though I knew all the songs, I could not understand a word. It was just an unending barrage of very unpleasant sound. Not only that, we couldn't see.
I AM too old for concerts, although I loved the intimate Dar Williams concert in Libby Hall at the U a few years back. Maybe I'm not too old for ALL concerts....
Post a Comment