Saturday, March 14, 2009

That Time of Year

The nights are still cool enough to leave the windows open, and the days are warm enough to play in the sprinklers. Springtime in Phoenix is basically perfect, except for the fact that we all know that summer is on its way. But before Satan tucks us tightly into his armpit until early November we enjoy a few months of glorious weather, bringing us days at the zoo, outings at the park, dinners on the patio,and plenty of visitors to share it with.


This week the kids and I went to the zoo two days in a row! Between both days we only stopped to look at three animals. The Phoenix Zoo has incredible play areas for kids, and Layla's favorite activity, by far, was the splash pad. On Wed. she insisted on getting her clothes wet, so on Thurs. we brought swimsuits and towels. I got to meet up with one of my best friends, Krissy, and her kids, which made me as happy as Layla.








I guess the valley of strip malls and xeriscaping is starting to grow on me. That doesn't mean I'm staying through the summer, but maybe, just maybe, I won't crinkle my nose when people ask if I like Phoenix.

3 comments:

Stacie Aho said...

Cute pictures. I love the one of Layla holding MJ's hand. Her swimsuit looks darling, too!

Traciannee said...

Love the pictures, how fun.Glad the hot weather sends you our way!

Zach said...

super cute pics. nice work!