Sunday, September 6, 2009

Rained Out

In case anyone out there is keeping score, it's Mother Nature: 4, Hatch family outdoor adventures: 0.


That's right, our Labor Day camping trip was cut short by the rain. I know, we Hatches should be tougher than that, but this wasn't just a little sprinkle. No, we got dumped on for hours on Saturday. Our tent leaked, soaking our blankets and all of Ryan's clothes, we were unable to start a fire, and it was 47 degrees by 2 pm. The kids and I had a hard enough time staying warm the night before, with warmer temps and dry bedding, so we decided to pack up and head home two days early. I don't know if Ryan has ever been happier with me.


Honestly, even Ryan was a little sad to leave. We were with our friends, the Griffiths and the Hales, and the kids were having a blast running around getting absolutely filthy. Layla even went on her first four-wheeler ride.


The food was good and the company was better, but the weather just wouldn't cooperate. It was also extremely tough for Weston, as he is not yet walking, but it was too muddy to let him crawl on the ground He was stuck between laps, the exersaucer and a small playpen. All he wanted to do was chase after the kids. I think we'll wait until he's walking to try camping again. Maybe by then the curse will be lifted and we'll have a sunny vacation for a change.

2 comments:

Kristin said...

Hey Angelica! I was totally blog snooping and found yours off of Heather Hale's! That sucks your camping trip was cut short!! Looks like the little time you had there was a blast!!

Renee said...

Oh well, we'll catch you next spring...