Monday, March 29, 2010

BIG NEWS

Although we have told many of our friends and family, I guess it isn't official until I shout it into cyberspace to become part of the immortal interweb.

SO... I'm pregnant with number three! That's right, sometime around (or before, please say before) Sept. 27 we will welcome the fifth member of our family. We are very excited, especially Layla, who is SURE this one will be a girl. Weston doesn't grasp it yet, but he does seem to remember that there's a baby in my be-bo, so that's something. When this baby is born Ryan and I will have been married for 5 1/2 years and have three children born in three different states. Which brings me to the other big news...


We're moving to Seattle! Ryan recently accepted a job within the same company running three radio stations up there, so as soon as we can find a place to live we will be relocating to the beautiful Pacific Northwest (I've already purchased very cute rain boots and am in the marked for a fabulous maternity trench). I am excited/sad/stressed/overwhelmed/looking forward to the move.

If you're thinking, "Wow, she's pregnant with her third and moving out of state, I wonder if she needs any help," the answer is yes. Here are a few things on my list of things to do:

1. Clean and organize my house and get it ready to go on the market.
2. Find someone to buy my house at its 2007 value.
3. Find a new house for our family in Seattle, in a great neighborhood, without busy streets, in an excellent school district, close to fun and well-maintained parks, safe for running alone in the dark, with neighbors who have a four year old girl, an 18 month old boy, and a baby of yet undetermined sex on the way this fall, that is a short commute from Ryan's office.
4. Find a new preschool, dance class, church, playgroup, friends, babysitter, running partner, drop-in day care, New York style pizza place, Chinese restaurant, mom-and-pop burger joint and incredible sushi restaurant close to said house.
5. Fly up to Seattle with us and sit with my children in coach so I can enjoy a first class flight and some quiet reading time.
6. Unpack and organize all of my crap once the movers plop it down and walk out the door, leaving me pregnant and crying while Ryan works 39 hours a day for the first year.

If anyone wants to volunteer for any of these, call me or just leave a comment and I'll be sure to get in touch.

7 comments:

Lanée Jensen said...

I officially volunteer for 1, 5, and 6. Because I am a very good person.

Mom said...

I'll come up and help you find the Chinese restaurant, New York Pizza place and mom & pop burger joint, before anyone else grabs that position!

Kristin said...

Congrats Angelica!! Please let us know if we can do anything for you!!

Renee said...

I LOVE the getting organized in a new house so I would be happy to fly to Seattle for that part!

summer said...

Congratulations on all this news! Bryson was talking to his mom tonight and she mentioned the move...but the news of the baby is really news & so exciting for your family!! I wish we were closer so I could help you...you are welcome to come here and find NY style pizza anytime though!

Blogger said...

lanee cant do #5, shes getting married!!! i guess i will do it for you then! :)

seriously though, i will!

oh yes, and im more than willing to help with #4 too (at least the second half!)

ourfamily said...

I can help with #1. :)