Layla has always been very good about cleaning up her toys when asked, but lately it has turned into a huge battle. She always wants someone else to help her, but she will sit and play while the helper does the work.
Tonight was no exception. She had a few toys out in each of the downstairs rooms, and I assigned her to pick up her kitchen area while I cleaned the rest. I finished, and coaxed her along several times, but after 20 min she still had not picked up one thing.
I walked in the room and said, "Layla, you need to clean up your mess right now."
"I am cleaning up, Mom."
"It doesn't look like it."
"Well, it looks like it to me," she said with a straight face.
I burst out laughing, and she looked at me and said, "What? I wasn't trying to be funny."
No comments:
Post a Comment