Monday, September 15, 2008

Renaissance Girl


I thought I did it to get out of the house while it was still 110 degrees outside in Phoenix. On further review it may be that I want to take advantage of the little one-on-one time I have left with Layla. But whatever the motivation, I signed Layla up for five different parent-tot classes at the local community centers.

We have cooking class together on Wednesdays, which has been great so far. I made us matching aprons (couldn't resist) and we have made apple pie and cupcakes in our first two classes. We are also taking an art class on Thursdays, which Layla absolutely LOVES. It is very unstructured, consisting of a bunch of tables filled with various craft supplies, most of which we have at home and I won't let her touch because they're too messy. But for the bargain price of $40, Layla can craft with whatever her heart desires and someone else will clean it up!


Layla has also started soccer camp with Ryan, and she seems to enjoy that as well. It might be the soccer, but more likely it's the time with her dad and the fact that he takes her out to ColdStone after every practice. Starting in a few weeks we will be taking a tumbling class and a "Nature Explorers" class. It's fun to do some pre-pre school and let her discover talents at an early age. Whether or not we stumble upon a hidden talent, it's great bonding time and healthy learning.

1 comment:

Traciannee said...

Mommy and me classes are so much fun. I am glad you are enjoying some time together before your little boy get here.
Good job Ryan for having soccer practice with Layla. Just darling!